Thursday, September 10, 2009

Do I ever shut up?

This morning Chris and I did our first radio interview about the Run For Liberty. I had commented to Chris that I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to say. Well, in typical fashion, all Cindy had to do was ask me a question and I had no problem filling an entire hour with my blabbering. Chris made lots of comments after we were done, about his participation (or lack of participation) in the conversation. He's a funny guy! Next time, I'm gonna shut up and let him do more of the talking. We shot it as well, since we phoned in the interview from my studio.




It was great talking to Cindy Rakowitz about the run. She is a wizard at Public Realations and we had a great conversation about new social media and how things like Twitter and facebook will play a part in our adventure across the country. Cool stuff! We also touched on how micro blogging such as Twitter, makes long form blogging seem like more of a chore. I certainly does take more effort to sit down and post to a blog, as opposed spitting out quick bursts of thought on Twitter. This is clearly evidenced by my lack of posts here. Maybe it is because, anything that I write here, seems more permanent and "on record" Hmmm.... Long form blogs are still great for posting pictures and links and forming larger ideas. Besides, sometimes it's just too hard to say what you wanna say in 140 or less.

You can download the interview as an mp3 or listen in iTunes. You might as well listen, instead of me rehashing it here. Hell, I had a whole hour to talk about it, and believe me, no one else got a word in edgewise.

Paul

No comments: