Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Episode 3 Barefoot running

Everything is moving along nicely with the show! I am glad to have the new episode finished and posted. It has taken some patience knowing that we had to devote some time on back story for any of this to make sense. There is still a lot of ground to cover, but it is starting to come together. Here is Episode 3.



It is amazing how the run is taking on a life of it's own. Chris, me and my old friend Mike Cernak from grade school have been hanging out a lot. One of our favorite things to do is go Beer tasting on Friday nights. We LOVE Craft Beer! It's a whole movement that we are very interested in for several reasons. One of which, is the care and individuality that local brewers put into their creations. What better way to get a sense of the different communities that we will be traveling through. Brittany and I went to The Stone Brewing Co. on Sunday and toured the facility. It was amazing and they make great beer! There is a local place in Huntington Beach called BrewBakers, where they actually teach you how, and let you, brew your own beer. what better place to start, than in our own back yard. I am VERY excited to start incorporating this part of the run into the show.

With 4 days left until the Long Beach Marathon, I am going a little crazy with the reduced mileage (taper). It's going to be a busy weekend with our prerace dinner/tweetup on Saturday, then the race on Sunday. After the race we are going to meet up again at Rock Bottom for some microbrew Long Beach style. Hmmm... I am sensing a theme! But of course the main focus for me right now is a sub-4 on Sunday! So, with plenty of rest, some fast healing for my battered feet and some nice cool weather, I am hoping to see a 3:xx:xx on the clock.

Paul

No comments: