Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Passion and Erasers

“I admire passionate people, they are dedicated and willing to make sacrifices. They are hard workers who aren’t afraid of pain or exhaustion to reach their goals. They’re decisive and purpose driven. Passionate people understand trade offs and risks. They operate within a sphere of self improvement with an altruistic wish to share what they have learned. Passionate people absorb and process advice and and return it to others complete with their own experiences. I admire passionate people a lot. You can see it in their eyes, you can tell by the words they use. People with passion wake up everyday with a deeper appreciation for life. There are never enough hours in the day or days in the week for a person with passion.”

Steve “Runner” Phedippidations

I heard Steve say this today on one of my favorite podcasts “Phedippidations” I thought it was said very eloquently and I was very inspired. I thought I would share it in the hopes that we can all find our passion in life, whatever it may be, and live life to it’s fullest.

“My running shoes have become giant erasers on my feet. Every foot strike rubs away some memory of a previous indiscretion with food or smoke or drink. Every successful mile releases me from the grip of the demons of failure. Every starting line is another chance to prove that my past will not determine my future.”

John “The Penguin” Bingham

Running is one of my many passions. And the above quote expresses beautifully how I feel when I run. My passion for running has only made my passions for the other facets of my life that much stronger. I pray that I will never lose my passion for life and that I will somehow inspire others to find and celebrate their passions as well.

Paul

No comments: