Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back on the road

After spending a good 3 or 4 days recovering from last Sundays 50K, I was finally able to do some running the latter part of the week. My daughter Brittany and I had planned on doing the Laguna Hills Memorial Day half Marathon, but I wanted to wait to see how I felt and if would get my legs back in time. So we are running it and are very excited. I am not sure if it is a hilly course or not, but judging from the times from last year it looks to be relatively flat. I ran the 5K last year the week before the San Diego RnR marathon and set my 5K pr of 24:08. Hopefully the half marathon course will be as good to me and I can best my half time of 1:56:06. That would be nice. I need a decent time after the last couple of really slow finishes that I have had.

I have decided to do the Mt. Disappointment race in August. Only I will be doing the 50K instead of the 50 miler. My plan was to do the Sycamore Canyon 50K in preparation for the 50 miler at Mt. Disappointment. But after my troubles last Sunday I want another crack at the 50K to dial in my nutrition and get a lot more hill training in. I have been scouring the internet in search of more ultra marathons. As hard as it was last Sunday, I think I am really going to enjoy the challenge of trail running and racing in so many different beautiful locations in such varied terrain.

Paul

No comments: