Friday, May 16, 2008

Yoga and the “Power of Now”

After much procrastination I finally started a yoga class. I’ve been putting it off partly because of time but mostly out of intimidation. I’ve never been very flexible and the thought of yoga just seemed a little ... I don’t know..... foreign. It’s been a little over a week now and I love it! I am going to a new place in Huntington Beach called Corepower Yoga. They have a variety of classes ranging from beginner to more advanced classes and also hot yoga. The hot yoga is awesome and really makes you sweat. It is amazing how many poses there are and I am in awe of how much control some of these people have. I am really looking forward to learning this new discipline and seeing how my running, cycling and swimming benefit from it.

Then of course there is the spiritual side as well. I have been listening to the audio book “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. It is great book and is fits nicely into the meditative side of yoga. I have always been really high strung and a bit of a control freak. Through all of this I am learning to let go, accept and be in the present (or now). It is a truly liberating feeling. I’d like to expand on this more but I’m afraid it would turn into a VERY long post and with my 50K just a little over 24 hours from now I need to get some sleep. So I will save it for another time.

Paul

No comments: