Saturday, April 12, 2008

IMAZ eve

It’s Saturday afternoon, the day before the BIG DAY. I have prepared for this race for so long, over a year, that it seems a little surreal now. I can’t describe how beautiful and magical it is here in Tempe Arizona. I have always loved the desert, but this past few days have been nothing short of AMAZING. There are so many things I want to write about, that it is probably best that I wait until after the race so I can go into better detail. Brittany and I have a 6 hour drive back home on Monday, perhaps if I am able, I will write it then. We are off to dinner in about an hour, then I will try and get some sleep before I get up at 3:30 in the morning. I am surprisingly calm. I have never felt better physically or mentally my entire life. So, I figure it is a great time to be doing an Ironman. Life and God is good and I am so thankful to be here doing this race. If you are interested, you can track my progress at Ironman.com and enter my bib #75 in the “track an athlete” section.

Thanks for following me on this amazing journey. I’ll post a race report after the race.

Paul

No comments: