Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sick of being sick

I rarely get sick, so being sick going on 4 days now, has really sucked. Especially with the race 11 days from now. I am contemplating skipping todays training. That would be 2 days of training missed. It is a tough decision. It becomes a question of diminishing returns. If I go ahead and do todays scheduled training, which is still a relatively light day consisting of a 50 minute ride and an hour run, do I risk making myself even sicker? Or, is it possible that I will feel better? Or, if I skip it, am I somehow lowering my fitness level and making myself less prepared for the IronMan? And the even bigger question is, why now? I have stayed VERY healthy for the entire 9 months that I have been training for this event. Well, I guess it could be MUCH worse. I could be having other problems like ITBS or some other training related injury. I mean this is really just a bad cold or flu. It’s just interesting that it hit me so close to the race. Oh well, I am going to wait a few hours and see if I feel any better. If I do, I will do my session and take it real easy.

Work has been slow the last week or two. So, aside from training, I am getting plenty of rest. Hopefully it will pick up soon. Of course I am sure it will get very busy......right around the time I am getting ready to leave for Arizona :). Life keeps you on your toes.

Paul

No comments: