Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I had a really great Father’s Day! Brittany and I went on a run on the trail that we mountain biked on 2 weeks ago. I have been dying to go back there, so I was very excited when Brittany told me that that is what we were going to do today. Last year she surprised me with a 5K race in LA called the “Dad’s Day Dash”. I am sensing a trend here. She sure knows her Daddy.



After our run, we headed back to the house and had a BBQ. Brittany, Jasmine and I took some Father’s Day photos and after some very close scrutiny, we agreed on A picture. I have posted the 1 approved picture below.



Time is a crazy thing. The older you get the faster it seems to go by. The most recent way that this phenomenon has reared is ugly head is in the fact that Jasmine, my youngest daughter, has gotten her learners permit. Up until this point, she has driven with her Mom. Today she said that she wanted to drive with me. I am not the most patient person in the world and my girls know this so I think she was a little nervous. And so was I. But, I am here (thank God) to say that I kept my cool which wasn’t hard at all because she is pretty good behind the wheel.



It is so hard and scary when your kids get to this age. All they want to do is grow up and all you want to do is protect them. I am so lucky to have such wonderful girls as they made today a VERY special Father’s Day!

Paul

1 comment:

CactusTri said...

I hear ya. My oldest got his license last year. Now my youngest is tuning 13 in a couple months. Seems like yesterday they were learning to walk.