Thursday, July 31, 2008

Feeling retro?

This week has been an exceptionally good training week. In preparation for next weeks 50K, I have been doing lots of hill training. Well, if you can call cranking the old treadmill to 5%, hill training. I feel really strong and my plan is to tear up all of that elevation gain. It’s amazing how much faster I feel when I am on flat terrain after “hill training”. I will hit the trails this weekend both Saturday and Sunday. I am now running in the pair of Salomon shoes that I received for free last year at the Pacific Shoreline Marathon. They definitely made a HUGE difference (thanks Lori and Mari, for the advice). I want to camp up in the Mt. Wilson area the night before and after the race. I am having a hard time finding a campground in the area. There seems to be a few, but there is very little information on the internet about the sites. So, if anyone knows of any good places to camp please leave a comment. It would be greatly appreciated.

I have been doing more location sound gigs recently. Tuesday, a couple of hours after our little shaker, I headed up to LA to the MTV studios to do a shoot with the band Panic! At The Disco. They were doing a promo for the game “Rock Band” and well, something about.... rock band....MTV.....cool rock tunes, got me feeling retro. So, I spent the better part of 2 days taking my braids out to give my hair and head a breather. I’m not sure if all this hair can take the amount of sweat I subject it to on a daily basis. Braids are very convenient. It’s that or dreads, we’ll see.. Until then.........



Paul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Don't do the dreds... u'll kill yourself!!!
I personally like to camp at the nicest hotel I can find. You know, really ruffin' it. Looking up at the stars through the window, room service, and all the unmentionable channels that do show up are you hotel bill but cost $20.00 (not that I would know anything about that...).
Good luck on your 50k can't wait to read about it...
-Jesse (so much for anonymous)