Monday, September 17, 2007

Long Beach Tri on Sunday Sep. 23rd

I am getting ready for my 3rd triathlon this Sunday. It is a 1/2 mile swim, 11 mile bike and 3 mile run. Pretty short race actually. I am attempting to place in the top 30% in my age group which should put me in the top 20-25% overall. We’ll see how it goes.

I have been training 7 days a week for the last 8 weeks. I am in the 9th week of my 36 weeks of Ironman training for Ironman Arizona on April 13th 2008. It is a huge commitment but I have never felt better physically.

Tomorrow I have a 1:05 bike session and a :35 run. I’ll train at the gym since it is logistically easier than training outside. I wish I had more time to train outdoors. I moved to Long Beach about a month ago and it is a great place to train because I am so close to the beach. There seems to be a lot of triathletes that live and train around here. The race starts and finishes about 3 blocks from my house. It will be nice to not have to drive to the race. How often does that happen:)

Tomorrow is another typical day. Get up around 5, out the door by 5:30, train for 2-3 hours then off to work at Post Modern Edit. Then when I am done I will come home and try and work on some music. My song “Red Bloody Sun” was just used in the NBC show “Friday Night Lights” episode #105 “Git’er Done”. Pretty cool and unexpected. I need to keep writing.

Paul

No comments: