Monday, September 24, 2007

Long Beach Triathlon race report

Well, yesterday was the last triathlon of the season. It went really well. I was very happy with my times. But, I was a little disappointed with my placing. Triathlon is a tough sport and the field is usually stacked with some heavy competition.

The swim is my weak point. I did the 1/2 mile in 17:49 which was 4 minutes faster than LA Tri and that was 250 meters shorter. So, I am happy about that. The bike went well. I averaged 18.8 mph. The run was great although I felt I could have shaved a little time off of my 8:20 min/mile pace had I not been so tired from the swim. I have to hit the pool and open water HARD over the winter. If I could have sped up the swim I am sure that I could have placed much higher as my bike and run were all in the top 25-35% of my age group. Train train train.....

Paul Both
race # 1021

overall place 428/921
age group place 54/74
gender place 347/528
overall time 1:25:24
swim distance 800 m
swim time 17:49
T1 time 4:32
bike distance 11 miles
bike time 36:29
T2 time 1:16
run distance 3 miles
run time 25:16

It was an absolutely awesome day. Brittany came out and took a ton of pictures. She had a 12 mile run the day before and this was supposed to be a rest day with just a 2 mile run. Well she did almost that running around snapping shots on the course. Man it was a great day!


Paul

No comments: