Saturday, September 29, 2007

Running season!

Now that triathlon season is over for me, I have ramped up my running mileage to prepare for the 5-6 road races that I plan on doing over the winter. It is tough because I am training for the Ironman and the weekly hours are getting steadily longer and longer. But in order to do the races that I have planned, the miles in the IM schedule are not quite enough. So, the trick will be adding the miles while not getting injured or over trained. It has felt great to start getting back to, what is for me a normal weekly mileage. 33 miles this week.

The Long Beach Marathon is two weeks away, where Brittany and I will be doing the half marathon. My PR for the half is 1:56:05 which I did last year in Phoenix. It was very cold that morning. 28 degrees which I think was a record for that date or something. In any event, it proved to be great for my finishing time. We will see how Long Beach goes. I hope the weather is cool and I hope to finish in under 1:50:00.

I have decided to do the full marathon at the Surf City Marathon in February. I had planned to do the half, while Brittany was doing the full. After thinking about it I decided to pace Brit and use it as a great warm up for the marathon I will be doing after the 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike at IMAZ. It is going to mean more running miles in my training, but, I love running so.....

I took it easy today with a :30 swim and a :40 min bike. I needed a little rest and clear out some lactic acid from my legs and get refreshed for tomorrow. 1:00 swim, 1:50 bike, 10 mile run.

Paul

No comments: