Monday, August 18, 2008

Another obsession

One of the coolest things about the iPhones v.2.0 software is the ability to have applications on your phone. There are over 1,000 applications available at the App Store on iTunes, some useful and some not so useful. I recently found a really cool application called “Absolute Fitness” by Aqua Eagle. It is a really great nutrition and exercise diary that not only has an extensive database of nutrition info, but also allows you to add your own “favorites” to its database. Since I am a creature of habit and tend to eat the same things day after day, I don’t think it will take me too long to get everything that I eat into it’s memory.



So far, tracking what I eat has been enlightening. I have found that I ingest WAY TOO MUCH SODIUM! Not enough potassium and not enough calories in general. The main reason I wanted to start tracking my nutrition is that I am trying to eat more protein. Brittany and I are weight training and she is touting the benefits of more protein in the diet. After doing some research, I agree and am making the necessary changes. With all of the training that I do, I have never felt that I had a good handle on the nutrition part. Logging what I am eating is really helping me see where I am at. So, I am feeling pretty good about it.

The official results for last weeks “Run through the Pines” race came out. Ummmmm, it says I placed 3rd in my age group instead of 4th. Needless to say I was very excited to hear that. But, of course I am not sure that it is right. I emailed the Race Director but have not heard back from them yet. This would be my first 3rd place. If I had known, I would have stuck around for the hand carved awards they were giving out. But, the paper we looked at said I was 4th. So, ......... I wait ........ Yes, I do obsess .......... About everything .......... And Brittany said she is already tired of me obsessing about my nutrition ............. Argggg!!!!!!!


Paul

No comments: