Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Great Outdoors!

Saturday’s race was great! I have been very busy the last couple of days so I am just now getting a chance to report. I placed 4th in my age group! That’s the closest I have come to getting hardware. It was a great half marathon. The elevation was tough and there were plenty of hills, but the lake was beautiful! We ran around it 4 times and by the time the last lap rolled around I was glad I didn’t have to see the same landmarks again.



Brittany ran the 5k and had a great race as well. I am still waiting to see the official results for more detailed stats. Nonetheless, we went to have a great weekend and we really had a great time.





We camped about 20 miles away from the race venue, about halfway between Crestline and Big Bear. We spent most of the day Friday and the second half of Saturday at Big Bear lake. It was really cool to see all of the signs and posters for Ryan Hall plastered everywhere. The town is really proud of their local hero and I am looking forward to watching him race in Beijing.



Congratulations to everyone who ran at Mt. Disappointment on Saturday! I really wish I could have been there. However, the weekend turned out rather nicely and I rediscovered my love of camping and “The great outdoors”. I will be making a trip to REI in the near future to buy some camping gear and plan to do as much camping as I can fit into my schedule. There is nothing like going to sleep under the stars.



Paul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Marathons, I found myself glued to NBC this weekend. I just could not stop watching the women's olympic marathon. Hats off to Romainian Tomescu for the win. I thought for sure she was going to crash and burn... but with a gold in your sites anything can happen.

Paul,
Just thought I would let you know that I upped my run to 1.5 miles and ran the bike again over the weekend. This week I will add another 12 week session of P90X for my lifting days. So it will be 3 days of running/cycling and 3 lifting days. I'll let you know how I feel after 12 weeks of training.

-Jesse